Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Its like a beaver dam in there.

It's been one week since my first chemotherapy session. The chemo has done quite a number on my body, and its incredible how just a few drugs can effect the entire system.

One of the recent issues I have been dealing with are the tips of my fingers permanently feel like they are asleep. They have a constant tingling sensation, even while I am typing on the computer. The Drs. that I have talked to indicated that this might happen. Additionally, they said as I have more treatments the tingling can expand further down my fingers or happen on my toes. 
*Wes 2.0 now can't feel pain in the tips of his fingers.   

Also, as a result of the chemotherapy, I have been eating non stop. I am not sure if that is a side effect, or I eat because it is the one thing that feels good right now. (That's depressing). Thanks to the fact that I am eating like a prego, I found out last week that one of the more uncomfortable side affects of the chemo is the way the digestive system has to process everything (chemo drugs, food bingeing). Lets just say it felt like a beaver dam in there.

A few days ago, I started ingesting prunes like it was my job, and those mixed with some additional pills should helped me flush the problem. And don't be fooled by the label, Prunes are not natures super fruit, they taste like garbage. I make a drink that is one part prune juice, and two parts orange juice. (Prune + Orange + Orange = POO).

So to sum things up.

"I can tingle, but I can't poop... very easily anyway"

I have the second chemo session on Friday, so Blah, Blah Blah. 

5 comments:

  1. Wes,

    McKane and I have been following your blog. You are doing such a good job documenting this whole experience and we've appreciated being able to read about your progress. You are consistently in our prayers.

    Emily (and McKane) Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes, we love you. Luthien prays for you every night. I love prunes by the way. Anyway thank you for documenting....I know you can beat this!!

    Love Jess and Rome

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the prune and orange drink doesnt work to clear your system then you should try this drink Date+Iceburglettuce+Apple+Rattish+Rhurbarb+Honeydew+Eggplant+Asparagus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prunes are mother nature's candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wes,

    I appreciate your humor in the face of such challenge. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You're in my prayers.

    Love, Mary
    (Berto and Kelsy too!)

    ReplyDelete