Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The RABBLE and the P

January 11, 2012
More hats – More kindness. I have seen a few more people around the office wearing the DEA cancer hats, and every time it makes me stop and think about just how blessed I am.

I talked to Dr. Popplewell today, and she scheduled the first round of Chemotherapy for Friday, January 20th, 2012. There is a “Rabble” of butterflies in my stomach.
                For all you wordsmiths, a Rabble is a large group of butterflies.

Also, in researching the sperm banks in the area, I have heard that some request that the person making the deposit to B.Y.O.P.
Thanks to yet another generous donation, I have my very own P. 

   
    

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the vocab lesson you have and will continue to provide me with...Rabble! January 20th we start the fight, your strong, your able and you will win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wes,
    Years ago Gary read a book about the mental game of tennis - the author talked about it being 10% skill and 90% mental. When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2005 I remembered those words and started thinking about this journey as being 10% doctors and drugs and 90% ME - my faith in God, a positive attitude, support from framily and friends!! I know you will win this battle and any others that come along!!!! It is like being on a roller coaster that you you want off - but..... You go, Wesley!!!! Our prayers are with you -
    Gary and Susan Pilawski

    ReplyDelete