Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Super Human Features and Pitching In

   As many can assume, since January 2, my life has kind of been turned upside down. Thanks to a wonderful support system, to include family and friends, I feel confident that I will be back to original Wes, if not Wes 2.0 in no time.
  Here are just some of the unusual things that people have said to me, or had happen to me since I let the cat out of the bag.

1.  I recently had a dental hygienist tell me about a friend of hers that just finished up treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and after the Chemo treatments were completed he ended up with a real strong sense of smell.
  * I don't think that sounds half bad, especially working in the drug enforcement scene. I think that could be a real asset. Who needs a drug sniffing dog?

2. I had a CT/PET scan today. (They put liquid in your body that is attracted to the cancer cells). The nurse administering the radioactive material made some joke about me glowing in the dark after the test.
 * Between #1 and #2, I am starting to feel a little bit mutant or super-human.

3. One of the books that I have read about life during Chemotherapy says that since I will have a weaken immune system, I should refrain from tasks such as picking up dog poop.
 * I told my two dogs Midas and Kona about this last week, and since then I have noticed they are eating more of their own poop then usual.... "Less mess for Wes."

Everybody chips in around the Bedford house.

End Result.....  Wes 2.0
 

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious cousin. Keep the good spirits, and know you are in our prayers. (this is Staci Guthrie Hopkin by the way. I blog anonymously but you can know who I am so this doesn't freak you out as a stranger comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I have been wondering about is a potential picking your nose habit. Since there is a risk of bleeding while picking, does this mean Wes 2.0 is sans finger in nose?
    By the way, we want to come out and see you during Rodeo Break (Feb. 23-26th). With your chemo schedule is that a good time to hang out? We are thinking of going to Legoland too and if you want to come with, we could plan it around your work schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wes 2.0 still has your fun sense of humor...your writings, while they are very serious and telling at times, they are also unusually uplifting at the same time. A true gift Wes! Thanks for blogging, and allowing us the honor of being part of your journey through prayer and reading your blog! Love, Kathy, Dave, Kate and Jen Faith

    ReplyDelete