Saturday, January 21, 2012

Round 1: Chemo 1, Wes 0

I had my first round of chemotherapy yesterday. I would now like to refer to it as KARMA-therapy, as I feel that if karma does exist, I am paying for all the times I beat up Garrett.

The treatment went as follows.
I had to give a blood sample to make sure all my counts were normal. (white/red and platelet)

Following the labs, the chemo began.
I have not had a permanent catheter placed into my body, so they placed an IV into my left wrist area. Then they ran a bag of saline solution into system to open the line and get ready for the chemo drugs. The chemo drugs followed, and the whole process took about five hours. The highlight of the chemo drugs was a red solution (don't remember the name), but it looks like unhardened jello going into your arm. (and a few hours later it looks pretty similar coming out).

I left the hospital a little after 3:00 p.m., and we made it about half way home when I started feeling sick. I spent the rest of the day in bed sleeping, with the exception of meal time.
Blue gatorade- thanks Kristen
Enchilada- thanks Danica
Tylenol- thanks David W. Young (inventor of tylenol)

During Treatment



My Thoughts Exactly

3 comments:

  1. Wes, let me know if you and Kristen would like me to make a variety of soups that can be put in single serving containers and stored in teh freezer...potato, chicken & rice, turkey soup, split pea, etc...I'm more than happy to do this for you...Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If karma and chemo are a direct coorelation, then good luck man. Remember the elephant tusks.

    ReplyDelete