Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DEA CANCER HATS

January 10, 2012
I found out today from Dr. Popplewell that I do not have the cancerous cells in my bone marrow. I think that would have been a little much for me to handle. It’s a roller coaster; one day I hear good news, the next day I hear bad news.

Jaime, Jeff, Liz and countless others have been a great support to me since they found out about the cancer. They have been trying to put together fund raisers and different events to help raise money to offset the cost of the medical bills.

I saw a DEA hat on Jaime's wall done in pink lettering. I thought it was kind of neat, but it wasn’t until I saw an agent in the parking garage wearing the same “cancer’ hat that I started to put two and two together. Within about an hour, Jaime came up to me and gave me around $200.00 dollars and said that it was raised from the sale of the hats. The initial quantity of hats sold out in a day, and they were going to order more.

I really cannot put into words the kindness that people have shown me. My body feels good and strong, but as a result of the pure love that people have shown me, I would say my mind feels the strongest.

I am trying to get the S P E R M banking appointment taken care of, and get that out of the way. Its amazing how so many people have come up and offered so much, examples being blood, bone marrow, money, a blender, but by far the most offered item has been sperm.  

1 comment:

  1. Wes if you need my little men just let me know. As you know I have many good qualities including good looks, I started in stake basketball, got kicked out of stake basketball, have been in college ten years (I love learning) and have a lazy eye.

    ReplyDelete