Wednesday, May 2, 2012

See look, my insides are not rotten anymore.



Let me explain the photo, as it was explained to me as I was throwing up during treatment.

The one on the left was taken before any chemo had begun (January). The photo on the right was taken in April, and all the black spots are supposed to be there. So therefore, there is no visible signs of the cancer still in my body.

Let me address a few things before people start making obscene comments.

1. No, you cannot see my private parts
2. No, my heart is not really black (contrary to what Kristen says)
3. Yes, you can see my rosy cheeks through the scan
4. No, my body has not shrunk overall.
5. Yes, my brain is that big.
6. Yes, there is less space between my arms and my waist as a result of my "Chemo Diet."
7. Yes, you can see my private parts

9 comments:

  1. Wow...pretty amazing...that your brain is that big :) but really what a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME - you look fantastic! We are so very happy for you!
    Nancy & Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wes, you make me laugh every time. I can't believe how fast you can see such significant results. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure when you first saw the picture on the left you were a lot scared. Thanks for sharing the good news picture. Are these pics from a CT scan or MRI?
    Sending our love to you! Ashley, sitting on my lap, just got a great lesson in anatomy as we discussed your organs.
    Also I like the doctor's reminder to themselves on both pics "No Cut." So they don't accidentally cut you open while you are getting a scan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Just know that I had somehing funny to say but had to withhold myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always know how to make others laugh. Your smile is contagious and I am glad you are enjoying your shower meals. May each of your days be a little easier than the one before. ~Marissa (Hatcher)

    ReplyDelete