Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine

Several people at work have spent the last month putting together a charity event for me, and on February 15, the culmination of all their hard work came together in the form of Wes 2.0 at the Comedy and Magic Club in Redondo Beach.

The night was headlined by the comedic acts of Garry Shandling, Kathleen Madigan and Ryan Hamilton. All are extremely talented and skilled in their profession, but I have to say that I enjoyed Ryan Hamilton the most. I actually had the opportunity to talk with him back stage, and turns out I am now the second funniest Mormon that I know, as Ryan is a BYU alumni and served a mission in North Carolina.







The night was closed to the public, and was made up of a combination of family, friends (from Cali and T-Town), and a whole lot of law enforcement support from all over the Southland. (It would have been a good night to rob a bank).

The hard work by a few didn't stop with just the selling of tickets to the event, but also included a silent auction for gift baskets, jewelry, autographed sports memorabilia, theme park tickets and even a free personal flight lesson.

To sum up the night, I was once again humbled by the generosity and support.



Fast forward three days later. I had my third round of chemotherapy. My body has reacted a little bit different every time, and this time was no bueno. I was finished treatment around 2:00 pm, and did not feel anything until around 7:00 pm that night. I spent the next three days no more than walking distance from my bed.











I was told from a nurse at the hospital that Michael C. Hall, famously known as Dexter Morgan (you have to say it like the trinity killer does) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2010, and successfully overcame it. Fun Fact.



...Up coming Posts will include "High Maintenance Disease, Low Maintenance Haircut"


Thanks for all the love.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan Hamilton is great. I've been following him on Facebook for a few months now. I'm waiting for him to come to AZ so I can go see him live. All I've seen of him is YouTube clips. Praying for ya. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan Hamilton is awesome. You will love the low maintenance hairstyle. I've been rockin' it for years!

    ReplyDelete